Monday, October 16, 2006

My Poor Rabbit

From Gary Harris

Thu, 05 Oct 1995

Been a while since I have posted more than a quick followup, been busy moving into a new place and finding out that my internet provider is now long distance, though I don't have to dial a 1 or 205? Fucking phone company.

Anyway, on with the tale. My dad got tired of the rabbits I left behind when I moved off his property so I went and got them, I put them in the chicken cage I built (the chickens all ended up dying, horribly, I can't imagine why, one minute they were just sitting there in the cage in my living room, the next minute an 8 foot python was just giving them a little hug).

The tasteless shit started when I put the two rabbits in with my snakes' dinner, another male rabbit (the two I left were a breeding pair), it seems my male doesn't like competition, I didn't think much about him chasing the other male rabbit about the cage, but he was very serious about it. Found a bloody, battered black furry body the next day. The head and ears were hamburger meat, bloody, ripped, chewed, eaten, and scratched all to hell, and his guts were dripping through the screen floor and hanging halfway to the grass, dripping blood and gore to the grass and accumulated shit below. His rear was chewed damn near as bad as his front (guess this it the only place the much larger and older male could grab as the much smaller male ran from him, that is the only place he could grab until the younger male collapsed in a heap of blood and guts as the older rabbit mangled him.

The bigger male was covered in blood, so I sprayed him off with the hose, he had a scratch on his shoulder but was none the worse for wear.

Later, I got ready to take the two rabbits to the local trader to trade for some chickens. I grabbed the male by his ears and he went berzerk. I noticed for the 3 seconds I had a grip on his ears that they were warm and kinda thick feeling... Time for Dr. Harris DVM to step in (DVM: Darwin Veterinarian and Medic). I grabbed him by the scruff of his neck and hawled him out, he tried to scratch me, so I wrapped duct tape around his legs, tying front to front and back to back (by this time my THICK leather gloves were on, the ones I use on my more 'unmanageable' reptiles). Now all he did was lie there and struggle.

His ears were filled with this brown crusty mess, I used my fingernail to scrape out as much as I could, and lo and behold, wonder of wonders, oh great joy!! Guess?! Maggots! Yes, maggots in his ears, I counted at least 20 in each ear, wriggling squirming in the warmth of the infection.

Alas, I did a most untasteless thing, I poured rubbing alcohol into his ears and you should have heard him squeal, god he sounded like I was killing instead of helping him, sorry bastard.

Too damn bad he's like 15 pounds, I'd feed him to my snake, but as it is, my snake is way to small to take him.

Gary Harris

.......
Why, Gary, you are a man of many talents! How comforting to learn you've expanded your horizons from raping your disabled relatives to murine sadism. [Todd Buckingham to me]
.......

No comments: